We hope this email finds you all safe and well. Over the past couple of weeks, we have had a number of texts wondering when we can open up again. Although we can't totally open up, we can get in the club and run drills. Of course, all these drills are wrestling related; we will work on strength, flexibility, position, footwork, and just getting back on the mat!!!
Of course, we have to follow Iowa, specifically Pottawattamie County, Health and Human Services as well as USA Wrestling's guidelines. According to the previous statement, we are in Phase III of said guidelines. Although you can read the 24-page document, it isn't all that fun. We will direct you to pages 22 and 23. Page 22 is a shortened version of how we can operate while page 23 explains the symptoms of COVID-19 so you know when to stay home. You can read USA Wrestling's guidelines from the following link:
We will practice every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights. Group #1 will be Intermediate and Group #2 will be advanced. We will only offer Group #3 if Group #2 fills up and we fell there is enough demand. Practices will start Monday, June 8th and run through the end of July. We will not be allowing any WALK-INS during this season. Please note, your wrestler must be entering 2nd grade or higher in the fall to participate. With limited spots, current members from the 2019/20 season we will be given first rights. If we still have spots available, we will open it to the public.
We will be running two rooms per session divided by a coaching area. Each wrestler will have an 8’x9’ space to practice in. There will be a “blank space on each side of a wrestler to make sure we maintain a 6-foot clearance. Please see the diagram below. All practices will be conducted on the east side of the wrestling room and will be limited to 10 wrestlers per “room” per session. All wrestlers have to be registered prior to coming to practice, we will make NO EXCEPTIONS for anyone.
We will be very strict on the following rules for the safety of our athletes, coaches, and the PWC family.
1. No parents allowed in the building at any time. You will drop your wrestler/s off and pick them up.
2. No bags, drinks, food, or anything other than wrestlers and their wresting shoes allowed in.
3. If you are experiencing any symptoms, please do not come to practice. See USA Wrestling Guideline for a list of symptoms.
4. Wrestlers will wait at the door maintaining a 6-foot distance from other wrestlers until doors open.
5. Wrestlers will enter the building with wrestling shoes in hand, NOT on their feet. If you show up wearing your wrestling shoes you will not be allowed to practice that day.
6. Wrestlers will check in with Coach Massey.
7. Wrestlers' temperature will be taken and recorded.
a. Any temperature over 100.4 is considered a fever
b. If you have a fever you will not be allowed to practice for 14 days.
8. They will be asked a series of questions that they must answer yes or no (examples below)
a. Have you had any symptoms or been tested for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
b. Have you been around anyone with symptoms or being tested for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
c. Have you traveled outside of the United States in the last 14 days?
i. If you answer yes to any of the above questions you will NOT be allowed to practice
9. If allowed to enter practice wrestlers will walk straight to “Remove Shoes” area and remove their street shoes and then take their street shoes and wrestling shoes to their designated area using the “Walk Areas”
10. Wrestler/s will put on their wrestling shoes and remain in their area and wait for practice to begin
11. Coach Massey will lock the doors after all are checked in or 2 minutes prior to practice starting.
12. Practice will be conducted
a. All wrestlers will remain in their areas for the duration of practice.
b. Coach Massey will remain in “Coach Area” for the duration of practice
13. When practice is over wrestlers will change into their street shoes while remaining in their area
14. All wrestlers will wait for Coach to “release” them from practice
15. At this time all wrestlers will exit the facility keeping a 6-foot clearance from other wrestlers and coaches
16. Once all wrestlers have exited the building, Coach Massey will lock the door and then clean the wrestling areas for the next session.
17. Then we will repeat the process
Intermediate Group #1 (20 spots available)
Check-In: 5:30 PM
Practice: 5:45-6:30 PM
Exit by: 6:35 PM & Doors locked
Clean Up: 6:35-6:45 PM
Advanced Group #2 (20 spots available)
Check-In: 6:45 PM
Practice 7:00-7:45 PM
Exit by 7:50 & Doors locked
Clean Up: 7:50-8:00 PM
Advanced Group #3 (20 spots ONLY AVAILABLE if Group #2 fills up)
Check-In: 8:00 PM
Practice: 8:15-9:00 PM
Exit by 9:05 PM & Doors Locked
Clean Up: 9:05 PM
As a club, we have decided to move away from SportsCRM and will now be using TeamSnap for all registrations and communication. I am sure that most of you have used TeamSnap in the past for soccer, baseball, etc. We think this will be a better solution for both the club and our members. Remember we will only accept online registrations and all registrations must be paid online prior to coming to the club. If you show up for practice and are not on the roster, you will NOT be allowed to practice that day, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Click on this link to register: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/231004
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keith Massey, Nate Harm, Chad Davis, Doug Reisz, Matt Fletcher & More
Practice starts on March 2nd and End on May 28th
(Unless you qualify for Nationals, and then it runs through nationals.)
Practices are on Mondays, Tuesday, & Thursdays @ 100 Power Drive, Council Bluffs, IA
Beginner/Intermediate: 6:00 – 7:00
Advanced/High School: 7:00 – 8:30
Advanced/High School: $225
Payment Plans: Contact Matt Fletcher (402) 960-6840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
$25 annual registration fee. If you paid this for Preseason or Regular season you will not need to pay it again. If you have not paid a registration fee this season it will be added to your contract.
All members are required to have a 2019/2020 USA Wrestling Card (Full Athlete Membership) at the time of Registration. You can visit https://www.usawmembership.com/login to purchase your USA Wrestling Card.
1st Kid – Full Price
2nd & 3rdKid - $35 Discount each
4th Kid & More - $70 Discount each
Group Discounts – Contact Matt Fletcher (402) 960-6840 or email@example.com
Sunday, December 15th
Mid American Center
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Sunday, January 19th
Lewis Central High School
Check out Track Wrestling
for information on youth wrestling tournaments!
Check out the Predicament
for all of the Iowa youth wrestling tournaments!
Check back for more Information
Contact Keith Massey